Rap Battles Forum - Judge Mentill - Blogs
Register
View RSS Feed

Judge Mentill

1. SS league week 4

Well Goddam if I didn't pull it back. The match against illyricist went down to the wire but I inched the votes at the end. Hell of a boost to the confidence level. Still need to get back to par on technical shit though, I've found my B game but A is being an elusive dick. The fuckers hiding up a tree in the woods somewhere.

Nahlidge this week. Dude's tighter than a walnut corset so I'll have to dig deep and come with something creative and technically sound. Assuming the ghost town ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. SS league week 3- II

Well Goddam, down on the votes again. Am I really that rusty or has the level of competition gotten that much better?

I've been flipping through some old pieces, tracks, looking for that inspiration that drove me back in the day. Tbh it's a motherfucker. Finding that magic moment when your pen just moves on its own, when the line just arrives whole and complete in your head is like looking for fairy dust in the dark. You've got no idea if any landed on you until you try to fly. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. SS League- week 3

Time for some brainstorming. Heh, nothing like smoking a joint and listening to some Buckley to get the creativity going. But WTF at some the titles I got for this week though: 'Mystic Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism '? Seriously, the fuck is that? The formula for crystal meth?

Anywho, I've decided not to plan too hard for this battle. I find the best ideas usually drop out the sky about 10 seconds before you need them, on stage or on paper for that matter. As long as you know the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Peaky Rhymers

Overall, it's been a mixed week on RB, I picked up my first loss I the SS, joined a crew of established writers, did one collaboration and picked up my first OM hall of fame nomination. Fuck, I think I went twice as hard in half the lines on 'life is a roach'. Punchy horror stories have been my bread and butter after all.

Ehh, I think I'm checking the win column for this week. The mental wheels are turning now. Getting that collaboration into the hall would just be the icing on the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. SS league week 2- II

Well, 0-3 on the votes so far. Ouch, but expected given the rust I'm still knocking off. It's weird how much being back in competition was like the last job I did; coming to a show with an established cast and playing catch up to get to standard. On the upshot it's been mostly positive feedback and that was really what I was aiming for for the first match out the gate.

Funny how 143 clocked that I might be an old vet right out the gate. To that i say... maybe I am, maybe I'm not, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast